Friday 1 July 2011

and the zucchini goes to...

My neighbour Martine for being the first to leave a comment on my blog! Congrats and let me know how it tasted.



Good thing I went up to harvest the zucchini because I found that the water level was very low in the buckets. I had filled them on Sunday but not enough. I had to do CPR on one of the cucumber plants which was very wilted.

The second cucumber was a bit wilted but not too badly.

See very badly wilted cucumber in the foreground with second not so wilted just to the left. 

Tying the siphon tubes to the bucket using tie wraps was Martin's idea and should keep the tubes in place better to keep the siphons working and avoid future problems (I hope). I have also doubled up on the siphon buckets, to provide more water overall. Whereas previously I had one siphon bucket per 4 plants I now have two for 4 plants.



First cucumber is coming on the healthier of the two plants

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the zucchini, it was delicious! We grilled it and tossed it with pasta, herbs and olive oil.

    ReplyDelete